Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Accounting, the Accounting Assistant is responsible for coordinating and preparing the input and reconciliation of financial information in the Corporate General Ledger for all functions including, Corporate Revenue Reporting, Gaming, iGaming, cGaming, Lotteries, Sports and Shared Services and conduct financial analysis to prepare reports for specific lines of business and other external stakeholders.
What you will be doing:
- Preparing financial data for input to the Corporate General Ledger, ensuring compliance with IFRS for areas noted above. This includes the preparation of journal entries (revenue, expenses and accruals) for month end or fiscal year end as required.
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly OLG financial statements while ensuring the integrity of the financial reporting systems, information and internal controls.
- Conducting reconciliation of significant account balances, including monthly revenue, prizing, bank accounts, accounts receivable and service provider files/fees in accordance with IFRS and/or service provider agreements as required. Issues are raised timely to Senior Financial Analyst for resolution.
- Preparing of accurate and timely working papers and financial reports to enable the fiscal year-end audit in accordance with external auditor requirements and liaise with external auditors to facilitate the smooth conduct of external audits.
- Assisting the Senior Financial Analyst, as needed, with the calculation of service provider fees (in excess of $ 2 billion annually), including permitted capital fees, and associated financial reconciliations.
- Assisting in the preparation of the calculations of various external corporate stakeholder obligations such as municipal commissions and charity (approximately $125 million annually)
- Analyzing and reviewing the daily revenue file from Service Providers and internal source systems, ensuring that the file is received on a timely basis, free of material misstatement and is in accordance with IFRS and/or service provider agreements as required.
- Performing threshold analysis on the daily revenue file, as required, to determine if there are issues requiring investigation and liase with service provider staff and Lead, Accounting to for resolution.
- Preparing financial data, including the Corporate Revenue report for OLG and providing various financial and statistical information/reports for internal and external stakeholders to enable data-driven decision making.
What we’re looking for:
- College diploma or university degree in accounting or equivalent
- 3+ years of progressive experience in accounting/auditing in a medium/large sized organization
- Good knowledge of IFRS, accounting and financial reporting principles, financial controls and procedures
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and communication skills (verbal and written)
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on December 30, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.