Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
The Analyst, Business Analytics is a key resource for the advancement of analytic fact-based decision making within the OLG. Pursuing innovative analytical techniques will be an everyday part of managing sensitive customer, operational, financial, digital and other non-financial data as a strategic resource. This position will provide OLG with a unique skill set that will assist in advancing OLG’s capabilities through spatial analytics and predictive modeling that will support the execution of key enterprise strategies along all OLG lines of business.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for supporting analytical initiatives, projects and deliverables across all OLG lines of business.
- Develop and enhance OLG’s geo spatial technical capabilities using modern spatial technologies and software solutions, specifically related to ARC GIS, Python and Environics Envision.
- Identify and develop opportunities for reporting using standard web protocols that allow for the creation, management and distribution of spatial data through web-based interfaces.
- Provide technical, hands-on guidance to team members while working with geo spatial technologies.
- Develop analytical models, reports and dashboards
- Monitor published customer and operational data and take action/ownership to ensure accuracy, consistency, relevance and timeliness of the information.
- Responsible for the creation of support documentation for analysis findings, presentations, reports, templates, etc.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand relevant business opportunities and propose analytics-based solutions to the business challenges, often working & collaborating closely with other teams across the organization.
- Optimize data workflows to automate ETL processes and increase speed of delivery for analytical outputs.
- Proactively collaborate across the enterprise with different business units to solve challenging data and modeling problems.
- Communicate with key stakeholders at all levels to translate complex concepts into actionable insights.
What we’re looking for:
- A University degree in business/commerce, statistics, computer science, economics, finance or mathematics.
- 2 or more years of experience in an analytical role.
- Knowledge of key languages and platforms such as: ESRI ARC GIS, Python, SQL, Envision, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAS, Alteryx, Power BI, GA 360, Excel
- Experience working with geo spatial technologies, web-based interfaces and BI dashboard and reporting tools.
- Knowledge with Hadoop and related big data technologies.
- Experience wrangling, cleansing and automating disparate data sources to power analytical outputs.
- Data translation capabilities: ability to explain analytical and statistical modeling.
- Collaboration: comfortable reaching out and collaborating across a large organization
- Results driven
- An effective self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who thrives in an environment that demands teamwork.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00pm on January 18, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.