* This position is posted for Gateway Casinos*
Job Type: Full-Time
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is the largest and most diversified gaming company in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,100 employees and operates 26 gaming properties with 286 tables, over 9,800 slots, 57 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider in Northern Ontario, Gateway will undertake two new planned builds in North Bay and Kenora. Gateway is undertaking an ambitious growth strategy to dramatically improve the customer experience and attract new customers. This includes the development of proprietary casino and food and beverage brands like Match Eatery & Public House and Atlas Steak + Fish. This year Gateway is celebrating 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who make it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all, while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
If you are driven by results, love a challenge and are experienced in managing large or multiple sites as a Controller then Gateway is the place for you to make a difference.
The Controller leads the Casino’s accounting team and controls all financial aspects of the Casino, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, cash management and monthly financial reporting. The incumbent provides advice to department managers and senior management for financial and related business aspects of the operation.
- Manages the casino reporting and revenue collection and remittance system to ensure compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Coordinates annual budget process. Manages and accounts for casino expenditures and disbursements within the scope of established budgetary cost control processes and governing company policies.
- Ensures integrity of inventory records of food and beverage costs and sales consumption.
- Completes and provides accurate monthly and year-end financial reporting packages to Corporate Accounting.
- Institutes and maintains local accounting controls, a system of internal checks, and effective on-site document and systems storage to ensure confidentiality and orderly filing.
- Advises senior management and department managers on financial aspects of the operation and performs related required administration functions.
- Using excellent organizational and leadership skills manages the performance and development of direct reports.
What You’ll Require
- 5 years’ experience as a Controller in a high volume large or medium sized organization and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- CPA, CGA, CMA or CA preferred
- Expert knowledge of accounting and financial theories, practices, tax, and applicable legislation
- Excellent analytical skills to perform budget, trend, ratio and cost/benefit analyses
- Advanced level MS Excel skills, strong knowledge of Great Plains and other software as they relate to a finance position
- Knowledge in labor costs preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to obtain registration as a Category 1 Gaming Assistant with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 7 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
**Gateway will post/recruit in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable Collective Agreements
Gateway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.