|Location:||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada|
|OLG Site or Facility:||Foster Drive Office|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Length of Contract:|
|Department/Division:||VP IT Lottery iGaming & EIM|
|Posting Expiry Date:||11/21/2017|
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Manager IT Development
Reporting to the Director, Lottery IT, the Manager, IT Development is responsible for managing the software development, maintenance and tier 3 production support capabilities. Leading a team and working collaboratively across the organization, the Manager, IT Development, ensures new solutions are developed/acquired and existing information systems, applications and processes are continually improved to meet business needs. This role is also responsible for setting and managing the direction and goals for the department to meet OLG objectives.
What you will be doing:
- Manage cross-functional IT project resource commitments for effective project delivery of Lottery IT components (requirements, solution architecture, software design, application documentation, build/acquire, UIT, testing support and rollout support)
- Work with Project Managers on projects to maximize project effectiveness, identify early detection of issues, risk mitigation, and ultimate quality of the deliverable from the project.
- Ensure tier 3 application support structures are in place to effectively respond to and resolve production issues according to service level expectations.
- Ensure stable and reliable applications with appropriate corrective actions in accordance with established service levels, including DRP.
- Manage the software development, maintenance, software acquisition processes and production support capability to ensure information systems, applications and processes are in place to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Architecture, Infrastructure, Security etc.) in the delivery of services.
- Work with the Lottery Business Unit and IT to get a clear understanding of business requirements and ensure that the Technology Roadmap meets the Lottery requirements.
- Provide input into testing strategy, testing and test environment requirements
- Resource planning and allocation to support projects, testing, issue resolution etc., ensuring alignment with the IT roadmap and business strategy.
- Develop tactical solution architecture for Lottery Business Unit projects in alignment with the overall application architecture, technology road map and enterprise architecture.
- Vendor relationship management.
- Manage the staff within the area, which includes establishment of performance standards, objectives and development plans, completion of performance reviews, and resolution of conflicts and HR related issues
What we’re looking for:
- University Degree, College Diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in IT development, including a minimum of 5 years managing IT teams.
- Significant project management experience related to large software and infrastructure development projects, including resource planning and forecasting, solutions assessment and delivery methods, processes and best practices.
- Knowledge of SDLC and experience in both waterfall and agile development.
- Experience with budgets, people leadership, vendor/relationship management and day to day operational oversight of a department.
- Experience working with cross functional teams in a professional, customer focused manner
- Knowledge of OLG and our Lottery Business Unit, IT practices, processes and gaming industry trends, and/or Project Management certification, is an asset
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated experience mentoring and develop others.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on November 21, 2017
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.