*This is a job for our Cluster Partner – Gateway Casinos & Entertainment*
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited (“Gateway”) is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley’s Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada. Further information is available at www.gatewaycasinos.com.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 18 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
In a fast-paced environment, the Senior Accountant role calls for an experienced and organized professional with analytical skills who will effectively assist in planning, controlling, forecasting, reporting and measuring accounting data, financial information and assets of the organization. This position requires exercising sound judgment and solid customer service skills to follow through on requests for information and solutions.
- Provides analytical review of the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger
- Reviews general entries and reconciliations. Prepares or assists in preparing bank reconciliations, bank journal entries, credit card transactions and bank deposits and implements/follows standard procedures for the same
- Processes and reconciles fixed assets transactions
- Assists in the preparation or prepares financial statements, and variance analysis from budget
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of year-end comparative financial statements and audit working papers including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures
- Implementation and maintenance of Fixed Asset module, reconciliation and preparation of continuity schedules
- Monitors cash requirements daily and produces cash forecasts
- Maintains manuals documenting accounting procedures and policies including; data base, and other financial processes
- Maintains financial security by auditing and verifying documents; following internal controls; completing data backups
- Oversees or assists in the development of working papers to facilitate the preparation, analysis and presentation of department budgets
- Oversees, prepares and submits provincial (HST and NRT) tax returns within the required timeframes
What You’ll Require
- Four (4) years of progressively responsible accounting experience and/or equivalent combination of related education and experience
- Currently enrolled/completed CPA
- Extensive knowledge of accounting and financial theories, practices, tax, and applicable legislation
- General knowledge of gaming regulatory policies (as applicable), procedures and filings required for finance department preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting software; computer skills including spreadsheets, database software, email, web browsers and experience with Great Plains is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to obtain registration with the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 7 days of the posting date.
Gateway will post/recruit in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable Collective Agreements.
Gateway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.