Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Accountable to the Director, Finance Framework, Policy and Process this role will develop, deliver and maintain OLG’s integrated internal control framework. This position will be the lead role developing and implementing the internal control framework throughout the organization. You will be working and building relationships with management and staff throughout the organization while developing process, risk and control documentation in partnership with that management. The role will be considered an internal control subject matter expert.
What you will be doing:
- Guide the development of the integrated internal control framework including creation of the policy and procedure documentation, risk assessment and scheduling rollout, standard templates and documents.
- Collaborate with Risk & Audit and Compliance to ensure the framework is integrated with the risk, compliance and audit frameworks.
- Plan and manage activities related to process creation, review and assessments, and oversee the documenting and reporting of results of process control reviews.
- Lead awareness creation initiatives on the internal control framework and controls function among process owners to ensure adherence to the framework.
- Provide guidance to process owners on control documentation standards to ensure compliance with framework.
- Develop and maintain internal control framework subject matter expertise through research, courses, seminars, conferences and professional networking to stay abreast of industry leading practices.
- Oversee the training for management and staff on the internal controls framework and their respective responsibilities and accountability.
What we are looking for
- University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or related disciplines.
- Strong understanding of COSO 2013, internal controls and governance frameworks
- Professional accounting or finance designation
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the finance domain
- 3 years of experience in internal controls and frameworks
- 3 years of experience in finance risk and compliance
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial and operational skills
- Attention to detail
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and participation in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00pm on January 11, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.