**This posting is for our cluster partner, OLG**
Reporting to the Senior Manager Human Resources, the Senior Human Resources Business Partner (SHRBP) will provide professional advice and decision making support to a portfolio of management teams at OLG. This role will be responsible for partnering with HR CoE to drive exceptional people strategies and manage projects to continuously improve service to business partners while proactively leading strategic and consultative HR services for assigned client groups.
In This Position You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Support alignment and achievement of the organization’s vision and business strategy through the HR change initiatives of client groups.
- Work with client groups to create individual and organization HR plans and development initiatives.
- Ensure the timely and effective delivery of human resource core services, programs and initiatives by promoting and maintaining integrity and the highest caliber of service provision through data analysis and assessment.
- Facilitate the creation of a workforce plan and support management in achieving goals.
- Collaborate with human resource team members to deliver quality strategic and operational advice and support to client management and staff (for example work with management to identify practical solutions to complex and diverse issues).
- Facilitate the staffing process for hiring managers, coaching and training on established processes to ensure the best outcome.
- Make recommendations to ensure alignment between people management and compensation practices (job evaluation, salary administration, compensation design, and performance management) within business strategy.
- Support the business with advice and counsel and ensure the integration of the HR strategy with the business strategy.
- Maintain a positive work environment and effective employee relations including demonstrating commitment to OLG core values; supporting HR team efforts, and recognizing and rewarding contributions and successes.
- Keep up to date with employment laws, current trends and determine impact on existing policies and procedures.
What you will need to succeed in this Position:
- Up to 10 years of experience in executing full duties as a senior generalist in a Business Partner/Management capacity.
- Able to provide confident consultative advice to management and employees on all aspects of professional development, organizational change and performance.
- University Degree or College Diploma or equivalent with a focus in Human Resources or related discipline.
- A proven leader with experience in effectively managing HR programs and initiatives.
- Current knowledge of Canadian HR Legislation and employment laws combined with the ability to interpret and communicate human resources policies and procedures, related legislation and regulations.
- Experience dealing with employee relations issues and investigations.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, multi-tasking and presentation skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindsets with demonstrated success helping organizations transform.
- Decisive, confident, resilient and able to deal with ambiguity.
- Strong coaching abilities –to lead and motivate others.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, communication (verbal and written) skills
- Good business writing skills, including experience delivering HR programs.
- Working knowledge of technology and the ability to leverage technology to build capacity
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply on-line, by 5pm on January 4, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.