**This posting is for our cluster partner, OLG**
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Information Governance Specialist
Reporting to the Director Information Governance, the Senior Information Governance Specialist supports the development of the Information Governance strategy to support the business with information driven decision making and managing data as an asset.
The position requires excellent communication, analytical and team work abilities combined with a broad understanding of Information Technology products and tools. The successful candidate must be a well-rounded, cross-lateral thinker with the ability to provide insights on the automation of the core operational areas within IT and the business.
What you will be doing:
- Support the overall development and implementation of the information governance strategy and framework to ensure a consistent approach to information management to ensure alignment with Enterprise Architecture
- Monitor compliance of IM processes, policies, and standards that guide the collection, management, manipulation, retrieval/publishing, and retention of OLG information assets to meet business, legal, regulatory and operational requirements
- Provide guidance and educate business stakeholders to ensure appropriate use/sharing of information
- Establish information management objectives, priorities and information lifecycle management to ensure a consistent approach to information management
- Advise project delivery teams on the application of information management to ensure compliance with IM guidelines, standards and policies
- Support the day-to-day operations and strategic advancement of data governance, data integration, data owners/ data stewardship.
- Collaborating with the business to advise on and support with their adherence to established IM standards and policies.
- Support the design, development, implementation, maintenance, evolution and enhancement of the Information Management (IM) functions (information, data, knowledge and records).
- Enhance information systems results and develop application strategies by identifying information systems technology opportunities.
- Develop standards to safeguard all information assets.
- Proactively identify opportunities and provide recommendations where additional IM needs will be required by the business.
- Maintain the core values of OLG by acting with integrity, respecting our customers, employees, partners and the people of Ontario, and by being accountable.
What we are looking for:
- Post-secondary degree in an Information System, Business Administration and/or Project Management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within Technology or related function
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience of relevant Information Management experience
- Proficient primary knowledge in several competency areas including:
- Experience using Informatica is an asset (or other Data Management tools)
- Project management experience is an asset
- The ability to work well under pressure and deliver on tight time frames.
- The ability to work on multiple tasks/projects and technology in parallel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Internally driven to provide outstanding service to stakeholders.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on December 10, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.