**This posting is for our cluster partner, OLG**
Senior Manager, IT Audit
|Location:||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada|
|OLG Site or Facility:||Foster Drive Office|
|Number of Positions:||1|
|Length of Contract:|
|Posting Expiry Date:||12/7/2018|
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Manager, IT Audit
The location of this position is posted as Sault Ste. Marie ON; however, it may be filled in either Toronto or Sault Ste. Marie. Applicants from both regions are encouraged to apply.
Execute and manage multiple concurrent audit and consulting engagements according to OLG’s internal audit standards (which are compliant with the Institute of Internal Auditor (IIA) standards), assess the effectiveness of internal controls, and recommend enhancements regarding improvements to OLG’s control environment.
What you will be doing:
- Provide inputs to the development of the Annual Audit Plan through the interactions with business and corporate services stakeholders and knowledge gained of the processes and risks during the performance of the audit, consulting and special projects.
- Develop the audit assignment plan and scope for the assigned audits based on the parameters defined in the Annual Audit Plan and budget. This role will manage audits of business areas within OLG and test of controls at the external service providers.
- Work with Risk & Audit leadership to assemble a team of appropriate resources for engagements (from OLG’s Audit team, and/or external audit staff)
- Manage assigned staff through motivation, coaching, training and developmental opportunities to ensure employees are capable of performing at, or developing to, the necessary professional standards.
- Encourage creative problem solving and promote a constructive work environment amongst the assigned team.
- Assess the effectiveness of controls supporting the business environment and assess adequacy of controls supporting the reliability and integrity of operational and financially reported information. Within audit engagements, oversee the execution of test plans and ensure sufficient evidence is captured and appropriately documented.
- Utilize data analysis techniques and audit software to evaluate and monitor IT and operational risks.
- Understand the risk associated with current and emerging technologies to identify weaknesses, opportunities for enhancements and advise on best practices, developing recommendations that support compliance to OLG policies and procedures, AGCO standards, control principles and relevant laws and regulations
- Review audit working papers to ensure quality and that documentation meets professional standards and adequately supports the conclusions raised.
- Ensure recommendations provide realistic and workable solutions to mitigate risk exposure and work with business stakeholders to obtain appropriate and timely action plans to mitigate the identified risks.
- Develop quality audit reports on audit findings for stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Work with Management to obtain appropriate and timely action plans on issues that surface during the audit and gathering updates on action plan progress.
- Guide internal stakeholders to comply with OLG policies and procedures, AGCO standards, control principles and relevant laws and regulations.
- Lead or participate in the enhancement of existing audit methodologies, guidelines, programs and services by researching opportunities and audit tools; implementing and evaluating the change process and identifying potential revisions.
- Keep abreast of process, product and structural changes in OLG, changes in industry practice, AGCO regulations and information technology which may affect the control practices which are appropriate for OLG.
- Develop an effective client relationship service model while working with the Audit Director for each audit engagement.
- Build and maintain a relationship with internal OLG business leaders and Service Providers (as applicable) to exchange and/or coordinate planning on audits and provide audit reports
What we are looking for
- University degree in business or IT-related field
- Professional designation in a related field (e.g., CPA, CIA, CISA etc.)
- 7+ years of progressive experience working in the IT auditing field
- Expert knowledge of IT audit management practices and frameworks such as COSO, Institute of Internal Auditors [IIA] Standards, CoBIT and other relevant regulations and policies
- Experience in performing technical assessment and audits of network, operating systems, and application security
- Strong knowledge of technology processes (ie. systems infrastructure, change management, access security, computer operations) and application controls
- Broad understanding of OLG divisions and the service provider environment
- Technical proficiency in areas such as ERP, infrastructure, cybersecurity, databases, SaaS
- Proficient in Excel and related tools for data analysis
- Experience with auditing and risk consulting in a multi-service organization is an asset
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Creative and results-oriented problem-solving skills
- Solid people management and leadership skills
- Business and operations acumen
- Able to travel (up to 20%) within Ontario
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and participation in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Comprehensive Benefit Plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee discounts
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on December 7, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.