Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Planning & Buying, the Senior Strategic Marketing Planning Advisor will lead development and implementation of the enterprise-wide OLG media strategy and planning function. This includes inspiring and leading internal teams, working with leading agencies to deliver innovative media plans that deliver benchmark return on investments thru a data-based decision-making process.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the development of an innovative enterprise-wide media planning process that moves the media planning function under one umbrella.
- Work directly with the OLG Enterprise Analytics Teams to develop media strategy measurement and analytical tools establishing KPIs and applying consumer insights to ensure media is delivering an optimized ROI. In this regard apply Return on Marketing Investment insights to build better plans.
- Actively seek out new opportunities in emerging media and the digital sphere, and educate, inspire and engage the internal OLG teams in staying at the forefront of media and technology.
- Where required negotiate with media/media platforms to keep OLG at the forefront of technological innovation and consumer behavioral shifts.
- Plan and conduct regular collaborative planning sessions with Product and Brand Managers to ensure brand health across the enterprise.
- Lead development of a programmatic buying test that will see OLG internalize a portion of the digital buying function with a view to improving agility and effectiveness against digital media KPI’s including building transactional site registrations and retention of the user base.
- Lead budget planning to stay within annual targets and develop Message Management strategies to optimize message delivery across the enterprise.
- Work closely with Marcom, Social Media, and Earned Media teams and other stakeholders to ensure message integration and risk management of all media marketing efforts.
- Support media requirements and work collaboratively with the Agency of Record, brand and other internal stakeholders in media buying to calibrate enterprise-wide activity, ensuring optimal flight dates and optimizing media spends.
- Responsible for the delivery for all OLG lines of business based on a strong knowledge and understanding of the unique aspects and brand footprints for each category from Corporate to Lottery (National, Regional, Sports, and Instants) and iGaming.
- Manage the media agency relationship working with the Ontario Government Advertising Review Board to evaluate and conduct media agency searches when required.
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in marketing/business management. MBA is preferred.
- Knowledge of emerging media technologies, platforms and their benefits to businesses
- 10 years’ experience in media and digital marketing including search marketing (SEM/SEO), content marketing, CRM, mobile and web analytics
- Experience leading the development of client based media planning for consumer-facing brands and managing influencer programs
- Sensitivity to regulatory issues and ability to balance complex stakeholder requirements
- Demonstrated ability to turn high-level marketing objectives into effective communications strategies and measurable campaigns
- Recognized expertise in developing strategic social media solutions for large consumer brands
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on January 4, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.