**This posting is for our cluster partner, OLG**
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Social Media, the Manager, Social Media will work closely with the Senior Manager to drive innovation in OLG’s social media strategy and plan with the goal of being a best-in-class social brand. Anticipate and shape consumer consumption habits by creating compelling content, measuring the results and identifying new opportunities in platform changes and cultural trends. Maintain an overarching OLG voice and support the Senior Manager in bringing a social first approach to brand campaigns to support an always-on strategy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat and other digital platforms.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate in developing and executing an enterprise-wide social media strategy and plan.
- Develop and execute high quality, engaging on-brand content for social media platforms that lead industry best practices and meet business and regulatory needs.
- Manage the monthly social content calendars and publish posts on a regular basis, ensuring best practices are followed and providing information on changing functions, specs and opportunities.
- Actively monitor accounts looking for opportunities to intersect with communities and build relationships with influencers and users, as well as track shifts in technology and consumer trends as they relate to OLG. Gather data on KPIs related to digital communication campaigns and assist in the preparation of data driven insights to optimize product/brand/channel strategies.
- Conduct ongoing research on best practices, consumer habits and other innovations to help anticipate changing technologies and contribute to thought leadership to keep OLG a forward-thinking brand.
- Provide strategic recommendations on content, distribution and expansion opportunities to drive reach of OLG brands and products, and enhance digital marketing initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with external vendors and partner agencies to manage timelines, scope and quality
- Prepare status reports for Senior Manager highlighting progress, risks, challenges and recommended interventions related to digital communication programs.
- Monitor accounts for active social listening to identify consumer engagement opportunities and reactions to OLG content and initiatives, and oversee the OSC community management
What we’re looking for:
- University degree in marketing/business management/communications/public relations
- 5 years’ experience in digital marketing including search marketing (SEM/SEO), content marketing, CRM, social media, mobile and web analytics
- Experience in social media marketing in a consumer facing brand managing influencer programs
- Keen sense of brand tone
- Actively enjoys connecting with communities
- Reads stories in data to map routes to stronger results
- Constantly curious about emerging technologies and trends
- Maintain a sensitivity to regulatory requirements as a government outlet
- Social media analytics and digital acumen
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and ability to participate in the defined benefit pension plan provided by the Public Service Pension Plan
- Generous leave plan
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Exclusive employee perks
- Flexible work environment
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on November 23, 2018.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.