**This position is with our cluster partner, OLG**
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Reporting to the Director Solution Management, the Solution Architect will lead the translation of business strategies and requirements into specific technical solutions, applications and process designs.
As a Solution Architect in a highly evolving digital environment you will identify functional requirements and lead the design and implementation of various web and mobile app solutions. Agility, scalability and mobility will be your primary solution drivers. Your focus will be to drive detailed solution analysis to design solutions that align with Business & Technology roadmaps and ensure that the recommended solution aligns to the overall desired business outcomes.
What you will be doing:
- Reviews outputs produced by the Business Analysis teams to understand their outputs and conduct reviews of the detailed solution design incorporating all requirements, product roadmap and success criteria
- Analyzes, understands and recommends the solution sourcing strategy (project and service delivery) to ensure optimal delivery method of a solution to achieve economies of scale (buy, build or hybrid of the two)
- Builds the solution resourcing strategy to ensure required skillsets are acquired to support the delivery of the solution
- Monitors and manages both internally and externally-delivered solutions, from identification of business needs through to transition of the solution into the production environment enabling a smooth transition
- Collaboratively creates the detailed solution design and reviews across stakeholders to ensure alignment to the overall business outcomes
- Leads the various solution design activities including reviewing conceptual solution design, designing of system requirements, technical requirements gathering, etc., to ensure the solution meets the needs of the business
- Supports technical requirements gathering and systems requirement design to ensure alignment back to the business needs and technology architecture
- Supports the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of solution management methodologies, including obtaining feedback after the solution has been implemented
- Assesses objectives and business plans and proposes approaches to break down solutions into manageable components and proactively seeks agile approaches to delivering these in optimal fashion and to enable work on components to begin while others are still being defined
- Any other duties as required to support the successful delivery of solutions and success to OLG
What we’re looking for:
- Degree or diploma within an Information Systems, Business Administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- 7+ years of experience in leading the design, build and implementation of complex business application and technology solutions involving multiple technology areas (including digital)
- 5+ years of Solution Management experience
- Proficient knowledge of:
o Solution Architecture (SA)
o Development Life Cycle methodologies (i.e. Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
o Product and Vendor Evaluation
o Technology Service Design and Introduction
o Enterprise Technology Architecture (infrastructure, network, platform, etc.)
o Technology trends – SaaS, PaaS, Agile, Mobile, etc.
- Knowledge of Lottery and/or Gaming industry is an asset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse audiences both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal skills to manage, build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly organized with excellent multitasking and time management skills to work on multiple concurrent tasks and deliver results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- A results-oriented leader who demonstrates initiative, works collaboratively and takes accountability for actions
- A resourceful and solutions-focused problem solver who can identify, analyze and solve complex problems, taking into consideration a broad range of stakeholder impacts and diverse needs
- A continuous learner with a track record of effectively developing and applying new skills
- Flexibility to work outside regular business hours
What we offer:
· Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
· Extensive training and professional development programs
· Generous leave plans
· Flexible work environment
· Exclusive employee perks
· Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
· Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
· Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on October 23, 2018
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.